About Grayling Elementary School
Grayling Elementary strives to provide a first-class educational experience to elementary children in kindergarten through fourth grade. In addition to curriculum and programming that has proven results, GES offers children instruction in music and instrumentation, STEM and physical education. GES also values the use of technology, with Smartboards in every instructional setting including music, document cameras, 1:1 devices K-4 and a full computer lab.
We also know that “The Sprout" starts well before kindergarten. GES houses the community-based Grayling Cooperative Preschool-GSRP (Great Start Readiness Program) and the NEMSCA 3-year-olds Head Start Program. As a member of the Crawford County Preschool Partnership, our vision is for all children to have access to quality early childhood programming.
2020-2021 GES Profile
- Numbers of students K-4 grades: 695
- Number of classroom teachers K-4 grades: 31
- Number of special education teachers: 3 full time, 1 1/2 time
- Number of music teachers: 1 full time, 1 1/3 time
- Number of physical education teachers: 1 full time, 1 1/2 time
- Number of paraprofessionals: 17 full time, 2 4-1/2 hours
- Number of Title I interventionists: 2 full time, 1 1/2 time
- Number of social workers = 1 1/3 time
- Number of occupational therapists = 1 full time
- Number of speech therapists = 2 full time
- Number of physical therapists = 1 full time
- Number of instructional coaches = 1 half time
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Advanced Studies
- School Nurse
- Special Education Academic Services
- Academic Intervention Services
We Also House
- Grayling Cooperative Preschool GSRP
- Grayling Head Start
Bret Krabill - Administrative Contact
Office Hours: 8:00-4:30 p.m.
School Day: 8:30-3:18 p.m.
Early Dismissals: 12:41 p.m.