About Grayling Elementary School
Grayling Elementary strives to provide a first-class educational experience to elementary children in kindergarten through fourth grade. In addition to curriculum and programming that has proven results, GES offers children instruction in music and instrumentation, STEM and physical education. GES also values the use of technology, with Smartboards in every instructional setting including music, 1:1 devices K-4 and a full computer lab.
We also know that “The Sprout" starts well before kindergarten. GES houses the community-based Grayling Cooperative Preschool-GSRP (Great Start Readiness Program) and the NEMSCA 3-year-olds Head Start Program. As a member of the Crawford County Preschool Partnership, our vision is for all children to have access to quality early childhood programming.
2019-2020 GES Profile
- Numbers of students K-4 grades = 695
- Number of classroom teachers K-4 grades = 31
- Number of special education teachers = 3
- Number of music teachers = 1
- Number of physical education teachers = 1 full time, 1 half time
- Number of paraprofessionals = 17 full time, 2 - 4.5 hours
- Number of Title I interventionists = 3
- Number of social workers = 1
- Number of occupational therapists = 1
- Number of speech therapists = 1 full time, 1 three days a week
- Number of physical therapists = 1
- Number of instructional coaches = 1 full time, 1 half time
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Social Emotional Support
- Advanced Studies
- School Nurse
- Special Education Academic Services
- Academic Intervention Services
We Also House:
- Grayling Cooperative Preschool GSRP
- Grayling Head Start
Rich Reilly - Administrative Contact
CASD Non-Discrimination Statement
The Crawford AuSable School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or disability in admission or access to any of its programs, activities or policies. Any person having inquiries concerning the Crawford AuSable School District's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title IX, the ADA or Section 504 is directed to contact Kim Schmidt, CASD Business Manager.
Office Hours: 8:00-4:30 p.m.
School Day: 8:30-3:18 p.m.
Early Dismissals: 12:41 p.m.