The CAEEF was created in 2015 to benefit the students, staff and schools of the Crawford AuSable School District through college scholarships for seniors and grants for projects in pre-K-12th grade classrooms. By May 2018, the CAEEF was ready to initiate the grants program. Since summer 2018, the foundation has given $9,000 in grants for programs and projects at the pre-school, elementary, middle and high school levels.
Applications are available now for the Winter 2021 Grants Cycle. Please click below.
GRANTS CYCLE #5: WINTER 2021 - $4,700 AVAILABLE
GRANTS CYCLE #5: WINTER 2021
The majority of this year's funding -- $3,950 -- is provided by the Roger & Phyllis Kesseler Fund, and $750 is provided for the first time by the Mesack Family Trust for Middle School Teachers.
GRANTS CYCLE #4: WINTER 2020 - $3,400 GRANTED
GRANTS CYCLE #4: WINTER 2020
The fourth grant cycle ran January-March for the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 academic year. 100% of the funding came from the Roger and Phyllis Kesseler Endowed Scholarship/Grant Fund. All four applications submitted were awarded funds.
- $850 to Samantha Rogers for the GES Grayling Bee-Healthy Garden: garden supplies.
- $850 to Samara Hartman for the GMS World Cultures and Cuisines program: ingredients for dishes.
- $850 to Sarah Sly & Karen Leslie for the GES STEM/Robotics Program: LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 kit.
- $850 to Tinelle Zigila & Sandy Baynham for the GMS Language Arts' Shakespeare Drama Unit: funds to pay the director.
CAEEF Grant Cycle #4
GRANTS CYCLE #3: SUMMER 2019 - $1,600 GRANTED
The third grant cycle ran June-July for the 2019-2020 academic year. Three grants were awarded:
- $1,100 to Karen Leslie for the GES STEM program: two Makey Makey invention kits.
- $400 to Christine Nothstine for the GMS robotics class: one super kit (+).
- $100 to Sarah Allen for the GHS Viking Renaissance Program: items for prize closet.
GRANTS CYCLE #2: WINTER 2019 - $2,000 GRANTED
The second grant cycle ran January-February for the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 academic year. Three grants were awarded:
- $1,100 to Eric Tunney and LJ Mead for the GHS physical education department: heart rate monitors.
- $600 to Gina Brunskill, GES principal, for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library.
- $300 to Sarah Allen at GHS and Bret Krabill at GMS: prizes for the Viking Renaissance Program.
CAEEF Grant Cycle #2
GRANTS CYCLE #1: SUMMER 2018 - $2,000 GRANTED
The initial application window ran June-July 2018 for the 2018-2019 school year. Two grants were awarded:
- $1,000 to Mary Tucker, GHS chemistry department: laboratory equipment.
- $1,000 to Samantha Amstutz, GMS art department: three DSLR cameras for GMS and GHS photography classes.