The CAEEF was created in 2015 to benefit the students, staff and schools of the Crawford AuSable School District through college scholarships for seniors and grants for projects in pre-K-12th grade classrooms. By May 2018, the CAEEF was ready to initiate the grants program. Since summer 2018, the foundation has given $5,600 in grants for programs and projects at the pre-school, elementary, middle and high school levels.
GRANTS CYCLE #5: WINTER 2021
Grant applications will be available in January 2021 and will need to be submitted to building principals by mid-March, 2021. Recipients will be announed in April.
GRANTS CYCLE #4: WINTER 2020
The fourth grant cycle ran January-March for the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 academic year. Recipients will be announced in April.
The third grant cycle ran June-July for the 2019-2020 academic year. Three grants were awarded:
- $1,100 to Karen Leslie for the GES STEM program: two Makey Makey invention kits.
- $400 to Christine Nothstine for the GMS robotics class: one super kit (+).
- $100 to Sarah Allen for the GHS Viking Renaissance Program: items for prize closet.
The second grant cycle ran January-February for the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 academic year. Three grants were awarded:
- $1,100 to Eric Tunney and LJ Mead for the GHS physical education department: heart rate monitors.
- $600 to Gina Brunskill, GES principal, for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library.
- $300 to Sarah Allen at GHS and Bret Krabill at GMS: prizes for the Viking Renaissance Program.
CAEEF Grant Cycle #2
The initial application window ran June-July 2018 for the 2018-2019 school year. Two grants were awarded:
- $1,000 to Mary Tucker, GHS chemistry department: laboratory equipment.
- $1,000 to Samantha Amstutz, GMS art department: three DSLR cameras for GMS and GHS photography courses.