CAEEF was created in 2015 to benefit the students, staff and schools of the Crawford AuSable School District through college scholarships for seniors and grants for projects and programs in pre-K-12th grade classrooms.
By May 2018, CAEEF was ready to initiate the grants program. As of winter 2021, the foundation has given $13,200 in grants for programs and projects at the pre-school, elementary, middle and high school levels.
GRANTS CYCLE #5: WINTER 2021 - $4,200 GRANTED
GRANTS CYCLE #5: WINTER 2021
The majority of this year's funding -- $3,450 -- was provided by the Roger & Phyllis Kesseler Fund, and $750 was provided for the first time by the Mesack Family Trust for Middle School Teachers.
Grants went to:
- Karen Leslie, GES Teacher: K-2 STEM Equipment -- $1,968
- Sarah Sly, GES Teacher: Microscopes for Science Classes -- $1,200
- Samantha Amstutz, GMS Art Department: Digital Cameras -- $750
- Tim Sanchez, GMS Principal: GVR Program -- $141
- Levi Burkett, GHS Assistant Principal: GVR Program -- $141
GRANTS CYCLE #4: WINTER 2020 - $3,400 GRANTED
GRANTS CYCLE #4: WINTER 2020
The fourth grant cycle ran January-March for the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 academic year. 100% of the funding came from the Roger and Phyllis Kesseler Endowed Scholarship/Grant Fund. All four applications submitted were awarded funds.
- $850 to Samantha Rogers for the GES Grayling Bee-Healthy Garden: garden supplies.
- $850 to Samara Hartman for the GMS World Cultures and Cuisines program: ingredients for dishes.
- $850 to Sarah Sly & Karen Leslie for the GES STEM/Robotics Program: LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 kit.
- $850 to Tinelle Zigila & Sandy Baynham for the GMS Language Arts' Shakespeare Drama Unit: funds to pay the director.
CAEEF Grant Cycle #4
GRANTS CYCLE #3: SUMMER 2019 - $1,600 GRANTED
The third grant cycle ran June-July for the 2019-2020 academic year. Three grants were awarded:
- $1,100 to Karen Leslie for the GES STEM program: two Makey Makey invention kits.
- $400 to Christine Nothstine for the GMS robotics class: one super kit (+).
- $100 to Sarah Allen for the GHS Viking Renaissance Program: items for prize closet.
GRANTS CYCLE #2: WINTER 2019 - $2,000 GRANTED
The second grant cycle ran January-February for the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 academic year. Three grants were awarded:
- $1,100 to Eric Tunney and LJ Mead for the GHS physical education department: heart rate monitors.
- $600 to Gina Brunskill, GES principal, for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library.
- $300 to Sarah Allen at GHS and Bret Krabill at GMS: prizes for the Viking Renaissance Program.
CAEEF Grant Cycle #2
GRANTS CYCLE #1: SUMMER 2018 - $2,000 GRANTED
The initial application window ran June-July 2018 for the 2018-2019 school year. Two grants were awarded:
- $1,000 to Mary Tucker, GHS chemistry department: laboratory equipment.
- $1,000 to Samantha Amstutz, GMS art department: three DSLR cameras for GMS and GHS photography classes.
CAEEF Grant Cycle #1