Welcome to CAEEF/Alumni Page
The Crawford AuSable Excellence in Education Foundation (CAEEF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was created in August 2015 to 1) provide academic scholarships to graduating students of the Crawford AuSable School District who will attend post-secondary schools to earn degrees and 2) provide funds for grants to classes and educational organizations in the CASD.
Our Grayling High School scholarship program has grown every year:
- In 2017, we gave $4,000 to four graduates.
- In 2018, we gave $8,500 to nine graduates.
- In 2019, we gave $11,600 to nine graduates. (This was also our first year for two four-year scholarships.)
And our grants program, which we initiated in the summer of 2018 for all students in the CASD, is growing as well:
- In the summer of 2018 we awarded two $1,000 grants -- to the GHS chemistry department for laboratory equipment and to the GMS art department for digital cameras.
- In the winter of 2019 we awarded four grants: $1,100 to the GHS P.E. Department for heart rate monitors, $600 to the GES Imagination Library and $300 to the GHS and GMS Viking Renaissance Programs for their prize closets, rallies and drawings.
- There will be another grants window in the summer of 2019.
But we can’t do it alone. Only with your help can we continue to make progress toward our initial goal of raising $1 million to continue supporting our students, graduates and staff.
You Can Donate to the CAEEF
The major part of our funding comes directly from our generous donors, and we hope you’ll consider giving to the CAEEF. Whether a gift within your means is $10, $1,000 or somewhere in between, please be assured that your tax-deductible donation will go directly to help our students, staff and schools.
You can donate by check or online. Please click on the option of your choice in the column to the right.
2018 CAEEF Board of Directors: (front) Eric Batway, Roger Kesseler, George Stancil, Bill Dean; (back) Michele Steffey, Nancy Lemmen, Jamie McClain. Not pictured: Jim Kesseler, Jason Thompson, Bill Weideman.
2015-2017 CAEEF Board of Directors: (front) Nancy Lemmen, George Stancil; (back) Randy Thompson, Barbara Febey, Michele Steffey, Eric Batway, Roger Kesseler, Bill Weideman, Paul Lerg.
The photo at the top of the page was taken by a GMS art student using one of the new digital cameras funded by a CAEEF grant.